Examples of my work are available at www.orarian.com/portfolio.
Senior Manager, Oracle Applications User Experience – 10/2007 to present
- Managing a team of ten User Experience professionals providing support to the Financials suite of business applications consisting of Accounts Payables, Receivables, Cash Management, Expenses, General Ledger, Accounting, and Collections.
- Interacted weekly with the Financials executive team to plan strategic research efforts and tactical design support needs.
- Worked closely with Product Managers to assign resources to high-impact projects, monitor progress, and mediate design decisions.
- Interacted with a 200-person development organization to work out software implementation issues and ensure that the final products met design objectives.
- Led our customer research program for our next generation product line.
Manager, Oracle Applications User Experience – 5/2005 to 10/2007
- Managed a team of three interaction designers and usability engineers supporting Oracle’s Project Management and Real Estate applications.
- In August 2006 I was also given responsibility to manage the design team for the Procurement product family consisting of six major products.
- Recruiting liaison for all other User Experience managers, supporting the recruitment and on-boarding of 30 new hires during rapid growth of the extended team.
- Led the team to prioritize and conduct major design projects that port existing products into Oracle’s next generation Fusion platform.
Senior Interaction Designer, Oracle|PeopleSoft - 9/2003 to 5/2005
- Owner of the user interface for several Supply Chain Management products including Order Management, Billing and Inventory.
- Conducted user and field research including site visits and user interviews.
- Translated research findings to product requirements and worked closely with Development and Product Strategy to prioritize and implement the designs.
- Produced wire frames, interaction flows, and high-fidelity mockups.
- Produced and delivered internal training to over 130 developers, strategists and business analysts on User Centered Design.
Freelance Information Architect & Interaction Designer - 9/2001 to 9/2003
- Conducted user interviews, user research, and develop user profiles.
- Developed paper and HTML prototypes to conduct user testing.
- Produced site maps, application flows, wire frames, HTML and paper prototypes.
- Conducted and presented heuristic evaluations and usability evaluations to clients.
- Selected clients include Intuit, HP, Cartesis, and Florida Virtual School.
Senior Information Architect, Imagesmith - 5/2000 to 9/2001
- Produced application flows, site maps, wire frames, HTML and paper prototypes.
- Conducted and presented usability evaluations to clients.
- Conducted paper and HTML rapid prototyping and user testing.
- Built the IA practice within the company to a core service that delivered 30-50% of our revenue.
Program Manager, Imagesmith - 7/1998 to 5/2000
- Member of executive team, working closely with the COO, CFO, and CEO to manage client relationships and oversee project deliverables.
- Hired and supervised project managers and development staff of ten.
- Involved in projects where development budgets exceeded $500K.
- Selected clients include Disney, Hewlett-Packard, and Seagate.
Associate Producer, CREDE (The Center for Research, Education, Diversity and Excellence, a granted organization at UC Santa Cruz) - 6/1996 to 6/1998
- Producer and design team member for Educational CD-ROM, "Teaching Alive."
- Managed contractor resources, budget, and product testing.
- Marketed and promoted the product post-development.